Videos used in social media are a great vehicle to relay your message, the brevity of the clips make them concise and an easily consumed snapshot of information that is a great way to keep your brand front and centre of your target audience.
I recently had the pleasure of creating this short video for Bradley King at Rack City Solutions. Here are 6 thoughts on what to consider and why this type of digital message can be an effective addition to your social media content.
- The attention span of social media surfers is short, we consume content at the swipe of a thumb and there is little time and too much content to consume in our busy lives. At a recent seminar a representative from Facebook said that the average person scrolls the length of Big Ben each day, so it stands to reason that your content needs to be short, sharp and snappy. It is recommended that any social media video should be in the region of 15-30 seconds.
- When thinking about your content break it down to 3 or 5 points, it’s a comfortable amount that we can easily remember. In terms of structure use an intro, middle and ending, if you have more to say then it is a good idea to do a follow up video which will help keep your project in the spotlight for longer.
- In a short clip it is difficult to cover all the aspects of a project but emphasis at least one point about a detail thats specific to this project that makes it unique.
- Once you have planned your message make arrangements for a professional video shoot, it doesn’t have to be complicated and you don’t have to be the greatest presenter but it will look more professional than trying to film yourself walking around with a selfie stick. When project budgets are in the tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds and you create content with a selfie stick it contradicts everything you say in your message about the quality and pride of your work.
- Hashtags on instagram are great for tagging people to your content and likewise mentioning partners that you have worked with on a project is a good way to increase the circulation of your content, after all the sweetest sound for anyone is to hear their name, they will more than likely recommend and re-share your content to a wider audience.
- By regularly creating quality project reviews, your audience will look forward to the next one and your partners will be enthusiastic to share them which will helps to raise the profile of your business.
If you have a project that would benefit from a short video for your social content, get in touch to discuss how we can make it happen.